Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Startasia Thoughts III + Concept Art

Lucina (OC) drawing done by me.
So, I feel I've said a bit too much about my Star Fox AU on a Star Fox fan discord server and now I am dealing with conflicting feelings about Startasia. I am too afraid to admit why I am feeling this way publicly because fandoms aren't chill these days. I would like to keep good terms with the Star Fox fandom, but in the end of all, it is my choice, and it is my AU, and honestly, I do not expect everyone to like my AU since Startasia is an OC-centric one and not everyone is fond of OCs. 

So, why haven't I started Startasia in fanfic form? 

Because I haven't planned shit out for the AU in the documents yet. The only things I have in my Star Fox AU folder are the info, details, etc about Startasia, Lucina (OC)'s bio,o and her relationships with the canon characters and OCs in the AU. I need to work on a Startasia timeline as well. So, the information I've shared on the concept arts about my OCs so far on BlueSky, Twitter,  and Tumblr may be scrapped or reworked in the final version of the AU. 

For being a Star Fox fan, I never once played the games...fully.

Yes, you heard me. I never once played a Star Fox game...well, when the original Star Fox (SNES) and Star Fox 64 first came out years ago....I was more of a Super Mario and Zelda fan back then. I do kinda remember seeing the Star Fox 64 box in the video game shelves in the stores and rental stores (Yes, we used to rent video games back in the 90s and 2000s), but never thought of playing it. Over the years, I've seen other Star Fox games on the shelves, but again, I never once thought of playing the games. Now, I think about it, I wish I could have played the games when they were still new back then. Thanks to the Super Smash Bros series, Fox, Wolf, and Falco were the only Star Fox characters I was familiar with. Thanks to the trophies, I got to learn about the lore from the games. 

Now, thanks to YouTube and Twitch, I get to watch the walkthroughs of the games. Sure, I could always play Star Fox 64, Star Fox (1993), and Star Fox 2 on my Nintendo Switch Online membership, but I suck at tcontrolslss and I do not have a Switch 2 to play Star Fox 26 (Remake), so walkthroughs + lore videos must do for me for now. 

So, why did I mention all of this?

Cuz any Star Fox canon source information, lore, and details may be altered in Startasia.

Example: Krystal's canon age. 

I originally thought Krystal was Fox's age when I first saw her in the Star Fox Adventures GameCube cover years ago. I learned she was canonically 19 years old and is six years younger than Fox. So, for Startasia's storyline's sake, Krystal would be around Fox's age. 

Example: Star Fox Canon Characters' Ages in Startasia:

Note: Startasia would take place six years after the Lylat Wars in Star Fox 64 (64 DS, Zero, and 26 Remake)

  • Fox: 24
  • Falco: 25
  • Slippy: 24
  • Peppy: 47
  • James: 47?
  • Pepper: ???
  • Krystal: 24
  • Miyu: 24?  *
  • Fay: 24? *
  • Lucy: 24? 
  • Amanda: 24? 
  • Bill: 24? 
  • Katt: 25? 
  • Kool:??? *
  • Bowsor: ???*
  • Mouser: ????* 
  • Fara: ??? *
  • Wolf: 33 (I am basing his age on earlier material, which revealed he was 2,7 so I'd like to think he was 27 in Star Fox 64/DS/Zero/26 Remake) 
  • Pigma: 47? 
  • Andrew: ???
  • Leon: ???
  • Panther: ???
  • Algy: ??? 
* Yes. That's right. I am including every Star Fox canon character in my AU cuz their cool designs shall not be wasted lol. Miyu, Fay, and Algy are from Star Fox 2, Fara is from Nintendo Power Star Fox Comic, Kool, Bowsor (The unnamed Crocodile), and Mouser (The unnamed mouse) is from the manga, Star Fox: Farewell, Beloved Falco.

Okay, that is fair. So, how about relationships with my Star Fox OC and the Canon characters? 

Because Lucina (OC) is Fox's younger adoptive sister, obviously,  she would cross paths with Star Wolf and other canon characters that are associated with Fox and the Star Fox team at one point in the story, like she would meet Katt and the Free As A Bird group cuz Katt's connection to Falco, who is a Star Fox team member. She has a history with Pigma that I've revealed in a Star Fox Discord server and on my Tumblr blog, and let's say, it's not pretty. I imagined Lucina becoming fast friends with Katt, the Free As A Bird group, Miyu, Fara, Krystal, and Fay. 

Lucina's relationship with Fox becomes rather complicated after the disappearance of James. Because of the unfortunates that happened in their lives, such as James's disappearance, the incident with Pigma, and the bullying that Lucina experienced at school, Fox becomes overprotective of Lucina. The only time Lucina would see Fox in person is when he is in Corneria for business with General Pepper or with a contract. Fox has no idea about Lucina's idol work. Still, as far as he is concerned, Lucina isn't a mercenary or a member of the Cornerian Defense Force, so she is safe in Corneria, far away from space; he prohibited her from even learning how to drive an Arwing, but Fox would learn that Lucina isn't always safe in Corneria...

Because of Fox's overprotectiveness, Lucina goes on a rebellious streak, and this alone usually gets her into trouble. Lucina gets along with Slippy the best out of the Star Fox team, and Falco is her least favorite member. Maybe it is because Falco's impulsive nature annoyed Lucina, but I would like to think she interacted with him a few times for story reasons. 

Why I want to write an OC-centric Star Fox AU fanfic...

Sometimes I do wonder what goes on in Corneria during the events in the Star Fox games besides the typical invasions. How did the Cornerians react to the Star Fox team's victory over Andross or Star Wolf in general? Do they think General Pepper is capable of defending their home planet without relying on the help of a group of mercenaries? Speaking of James, he was known as a legendary pilot and the founder of Star Fox, so how did the Cornerians react to his disappearance? What are their opinions on Star Fox or Cornerian Defense Force in general? 

I created Lucina alone for a unique perspective. She could be the bridge between Corneria and the Lylat System. Fox and Star Fox teams would have no idea what goes on in Corneria's daily life, as they'd always be in space, probably visiting other planets for mercenary work. 

But how would they find mercenary work in a time of peace? Startasia takes place after the events in Star Fox 64 / 3DS / Zero / 26 (Remake), right? 

Yeah. About that. That's when the Startasia timeline comes in. What if I had managed to fit, or should I say, squeeze all of the events from Farewell, Beloved Falco, Adventures, and Assault into the six-year gap? How about Star Fox Command? Nope. Command would be FAR in the future, taking place after the events in Startasia, so I am leaving the Command events out of the Startasia timeline for now.

Lucina is 18, and Fox is 24 at the start of Startasia. Lucina's story takes place six years after the Lylat Wars, so you mean to tell me that Fox and his crew would NOT have mercenary work to pay off the Great Fox's 80-year loan for SIX years???  Just because a global war ends, it doesn't mean a personal war of a person ends. Someone or something would always find ways to cause trouble during the moments of peace. It's just the nature of the balance of peace and chaos. 

Canonical Star Fox Timeline (Post-64/3D/Zero/26): 
  • Farewell, Beloved Falco (4 years after Lylat Wars)  
  • Star Fox Adventures (8 years after Lylat Wars) 
  • Star Fox Assault (9 years after Lylat Wars) 
  • Star Fox Command (11 or 12 years after Lylat Wars)
Startasia Timeline (Rough idea for now): 
  • Farewell, Beloved Falco (One year after the Lylat Wars)
  • Star Fox Adventures (Two years after the Lylat Wars)
  • Star Fox Assault (Three years after the Lylat) 
That's six years in total. Fox and his team would take extra job requests between those years, after the main events, like probably a year after the events in Farewell, Beloved Falco, and before Adventures like this:
  1. Farewell, Beloved Falco (One year after the Lylat Wars)
  2. Random Missions I (One year after Farewell) 
  3. Star Fox Adventures (One year after the Farewell)
  4. Random Missions II (One year after Adventures)
  5. Star Fox Assault (One year after Random missions II) 
  6. Random Missions III (One year after Assault)
Total: Still six years.

The question is...how does Lucina fit in all of this?

I already have an idea of what to do with Lucina during the events of Assault and Farewell. No ideas for Adventures yet. It is most likely that she would still be doing her own thing back in Cornelia. As for the random missions? Well, Lucina could anonymously give a mission to Fox as a way to mess with him cuz big bro isn't at home to keep her entertained with something, lmao, and there's no way in hell Fox would let her stick around in the Great Fox during missions. 

End of the line (for now) 

I suppose I should stop right here before I enter the spoilery territory. Like I said at the beginning, I've said too much about my Star Fox AU. 

Until next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment